Sunday, March 21, 2010

Texts Without Context

New York Times book reviewer Michiko Kakutani has written an impressive piece that reviews and distills some of the more significant current  literature about digital media and its effect on our artists & writers, our thinking, & our culture.  Definitely worth a read, even if it isn't a super-quick one.


I have to admit that my reading/information gathering habits have been affected in the ways Kakutani describes--I found it a bit difficult to sit and read his entire article in one sitting--I kept trying to scan it quickly for a handful of salient points, but in the end, appropriately enough, I just stuck with it and am glad I did; I found it enriching & now have a few more books for my next order.

Texts Without Context

photo: Mashup. Meet the Chumbeques. Flickr. 9 Sep. 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment